Brownie Crusted Peanut Butter Pie
1 box (13.7 ounces) No Pudge Original Fat Free Brownie Mix, divided
1/2 cup plus 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
2 Tablespoons canola oil
5 Tablespoons water
1 box (4 serving size) vanilla cook and serve pudding mix
3 Tablespoons reserved brownie mix
1 cup non-fat plain soy milk
1/2 cup fat free liquid egg substitute
1/2 cup plus 1 Tablespoon Better’n Peanut Butter
- Remove 3 Tablespoons dry brownie mix from package and place in a small saucepan; set aside.
- Place remaining brownie mix in a large mixing bowl. Add flour and mix to combine. Add oil and water; beat on low speed for 30 seconds, until mixture is evenly dark brown and forms pea sized balls. Spray a glass 9-inch pie plate with non-stick cooking spray. Gently press about 1-3/4 cup brownie mixture onto bottom and sides of pie plate. Don’t press too hard or crust will be difficult to remove from pie plate. Poke bottom and sides of crust with tines of a fork. Bake at 350F for 13 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
- While pie shell is baking prepare filling. Add pudding mix to reserved brownie mix in saucepan, stir well. Whisk in soy milk and egg substitute.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly. Boil and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter. Pour into hot brownie crust. Cool on wire rack 20 minutes. Loosen edges of crust with blunt knife before placing in refrigerator to chill. Chill several hours to overnight before serving.
- Form remaining brownie mixture into 1-inch balls, roll in granulated sugar. Place on cookie sheet that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Flatten cookies with the bottom of a glass. Bake at 350F for 6 to 8 minutes. Cool on cookie sheet several minutes before removing to wire rack to cool. If desired, when cool, spread Better’n Peanut Butter between two cookies. Repeat with remaining cookies.
- Yield: 7 servings (one 9-inch pie) and 7 sandwich cookies.
Calories from Fat 48g
Total Fat 5.2g
Saturated Fat .3g
Total Carbohydrates 32g
Dietary Fiber .43g