Caramel Banana Peanut Butter Pie
1-1/8 cups fat free pretzel crumbs, about 85 mini pretzel twists
3 Tablespoons light brown sugar
1 Tablespoon butter
1/4 cup egg substitute
1 can (14 ounces) fat free sweetened condensed milk
3/4 cup sliced ripe banana
1/2 cup Better’n Peanut Butter
4 ounces 1/3 less fat cream cheese
2 cups frozen light whipped topping, thawed
- In a food processor, combine pretzel crumbs, brown sugar and butter; process until well mixed. Add egg substitute and process until thoroughly combined.
- Press into an 8-inch pie plate. Bake at 350F for 12-15 minutes or until upper edges are just beginning to brown. Cool.
- Pour sweetened condensed milk into a 2-quart microwave safe bowl. Heat on Medium (50%) power for 4 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Reduce heat to Medium-low (30%) power and continue to cook 16-20 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes with a wire whisk until thick and caramel colored. Cool to room temperature.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together banana, Better’n Peanut Butter and cream cheese until almost smooth. Beat in cool caramelized sweetened condensed milk. Fold in whipped topping; pour into prepared crust. Freeze overnight. Cut into 8 wedges and serve while frozen.
- Yield: 8 servings
- *If desired, a (6 ounce) prepared low-fat graham cracker crust may be substituted for the pretzel crust. Recipe was prepared in a 700 watt microwave oven, adjust cooking times as required.
Calories from Fat 71g
Total Fat 7.7g
Saturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrates 64g
Dietary Fiber 1g